Welcome to The One Stop Problem Shop

Welcome to The One Stop Problem Shop. We are here to help you with all problems that you may encounter  from not speaking Spanish and having to interact with government bodies and the bureaucracy that goes with them. We offer a wide range of services at competitive rates and we collaborate with both accountants and lawyers when circumstances require us to do so on clients behalf, in these cases we lease fully with them and act as your translator so you still don’t have to worry about anything. Below is a small list of the items we can help you …

Welcome to The One Stop Problem Shop Read More


INHERITANCE MATTERS AND DEATH DUTIES FOR BRITISH PASSPORT HOLDERS LEAVING PROPERTY IN SPANISH TERRITORY   The main difference between British and Spanish rules is that Spain does not accept the concept of the “estate” of the deceased being taxed, in Spain the BENEFICIARIES of the deceased are individually taxed and importantly NONE OF THE DECEASED PROPERTY CAN BE DISPOSED OF UNTIL THE TAX IS PAID. This is a complicated process and you may well decide to appoint a professional to help rather than try and deal with the matter yourself. We can help with the entire process from start to finish …


Exchange of Green Residence Certificates for new Biometric TIE cards for British Nationals

It is important to note that British Citizen holders of an EU Citizen Green Registration Certificate either A4 size or green paper size have no legal obligation to do anything at the moment unless they wish to. The green documents are completely valid for now. Having said that at local level some officials are now refusing to accept the green paper as it states that the holder is an EU citizen. So it may make sense to exchange now for your own convenience. Spanish Migration Minister (Ministerio de Inclusión, Seguridad Social y Migraciones) Hana Jalloul has spoken out to encourage …

Exchange of Green Residence Certificates for new Biometric TIE cards for British Nationals Read More

Carta de Invitación

The fact is that a visitor MAY be asked by Border Forces anywhere in Europe for any or all of the required documentation when traveling into the EU from a Third Country and if they are not booked into registered Hotel or Vivienda Vacacional accommodation a Carta de Invitación will be required Facts for UK Nationals Source: Oficina de Extranjería y FronterasFor all non EU nationals wishing to visit Spain and NOT lodging in paid holiday accommodation, but with friends or family instead, the host in Spain must apply for a Carta de Invitación for each person involved. This has …

Carta de Invitación Read More

Permitted reasons to enter Spain after 30 March 2021

Permitted reasons to enter Spain after 30 March 2021From 6pm (GMT+1) on 30 March 2021 (5pm / GMT in the Canary Islands), passenger travel between the UK and Spain will resume, however entry restrictions and testing requirements will remain in force. Only Spanish citizens, those who are legally resident in Spain or those who can demonstrate through documentary evidence an essential need to enter Spain, will be allowed to enter the country. Permitted circumstances include: 📝Holders of a long-stay visa issued by a Member State or Schengen Associated State, who are travelling onto said country. 🧑‍⚕️Health professionals, including health researchers, …

Permitted reasons to enter Spain after 30 March 2021 Read More

Interacting Digitally with the Spanish Authorities

The Covid 19 pandemic, if not solely responsible for a changeover to electronic interaction by users with Spanish governmental organisations, has certainly consolidated that move to on line registrations for various authorities. So how do you process your various applications on line? During Covid restrictions with face-to face appointments fewer and farther between, some of the authorities are accepting on line submissions without digital accreditation for the moment, but that is likely to change and so you should consider getting either a digital certificate installed on your PC or signing up for the “Clave” (Key) system if you have not …

Interacting Digitally with the Spanish Authorities Read More

Emergency Health Service Assistance Whilst On Holiday In Tenerife

Travel to the EU – updated 17/1/2021 If you are travelling to the EU, you can apply for a free Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) or you may already have a still in date European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). If you already have an EHIC it will still be valid as long as it remains in date. A GHIC or EHIC gives you the right to access emergency state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in those countries (In Spain up to 90 days). Check for the latest information on GHIC or EHIC online, or by phone on 0300 330 1350 or here Apply for a free UK …

Emergency Health Service Assistance Whilst On Holiday In Tenerife Read More

“Swallows” after Brexit, the 90 day rule.

Following the UKs departure from the EU, UK passport holders are now Third Country Nationals and therefore must adhere to the rules of stay in Europe within the Schengen limits. These rules have been in place for decades and are nothing new except for the fact that they now apply to UK passport holders as well as all other Third Country Nationals such as Russians, Chinese, Venezuelans etc. Non-Residents i.e. tourist who do not hold either of the above and are visitors using a UK passport are governed by the 90 days in any 180 days rule. There are Schengen …

“Swallows” after Brexit, the 90 day rule. Read More

Foreign Drivers Licence Exchanges

All member states of the European Union, European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and the countries listed here have an agreement to exchange driving licenses for residents of Spain. At the time of writing the UK is NOT one of those countries. There is currently no agreement for UK licence holders to exchange their UK driving licences for a Spanish one. As of January 1, 2021 the general regulations on licenses issued by third countries (non-EU countries) will apply and the licenses issued by the British authorities will enable you to drive in Spain for six months from the …

Foreign Drivers Licence Exchanges Read More

Types of Visa applications for British Nationals

A great many British ” Swallows” – extended stay visitors to Spain – are seeking ways to stay longer than the allotted 90 day visit allowed by the Schengen rules which came into effect from January 2021. For any UK Passport holder, to now stay in Spain for more than 90 days, they have to apply for a VISA. There are, for swallows, two possible options a Golden Visa and Non-Lucrative Visa. HOWEVER this is an application for SETTLED residence status. Regrettably no provision has been made during the Brexit negotiations for those who want to extend their holiday but …

Types of Visa applications for British Nationals Read More

Covid Tests For Tourists in The Canary Islands

In Canary Islands we work hard every day so you can visit us in optimal conditions of safety, hygiene and quality. Ours is one of the lowest epidemiological indices in Europe and the lowest in Spain. Most hotels have now opened their doors or will do so very soon, along with the main tourist attractions, shops and restaurants.  If you are travelling to our islands soon, please keep up to date with restrictions and requirements here: Canary Islands is saying HOLA again | You’re on the Canary Islands Tourism website. (hellocanaryislands.com)

Covid Tests For Tourists in The Canary Islands Read More

What type of “residencia” residence document should I have?

Below are the basic requirements for adult EU citizens in Tenerife Spain. Bear in mind that now the UK has left the EU, British Citizens have to apply for a third country Foreigner’s Identity Card. The details of this procedure are here (TIE): BUT it is important to stress there is no obligation for those British people who already hold the green residency certificate (either credit card sized green paper or A4 version) to exchange it for the TIE. Both documents will be valid in demonstrating residency status and rights under the Withdrawal Agreement, even after the end of the Transition Period …

What type of “residencia” residence document should I have? Read More

S1 (Formerly E121)

S1s and Brexit UK-funded healthcare using an S1 from 1 January 2021 If you’re were living in Spain before the end of 2020 (and are covered by the withdrawal agreement), your rights to access healthcare remain the same from 1 January 2021 if you’re either: receiving a UK State Pension receiving some other ‘exportable benefits’ a frontier worker (someone who works in one state and lives in another) This means that you’ll get: continued access to healthcare in Spain using your UK-issued S1 form a UK-issued EHIC for travel planned treatments in other EU countries via the S2 route access to the NHS …

S1 (Formerly E121) Read More

Where do I go to get Vaccinations for trips to other countries?

Whether or not you are eligable for national health cover here in Tenerife you can still use the International Vaccinations centre in Santa Cruz to get the  innoculations required for visiting other countries such as India. The centre is located just past the entrance to the Rambla near the Monumento a la Victoria “angel statue” Sanidad Exterior Rambla Santa Cruz, 169 38001 – Santa Cruz de Tenerife Teléfono: 922 99 92 10 You must make an appointment before you go which you can do on line HERE

Where do I go to get Vaccinations for trips to other countries? Read More