The scheme for the postponement of payments of contributions to the Seguridad Social which has been approved by the Spanish Government, is ONLY applicable to those businesses whose activity has NOT been suspended due to the State of Emergency
Requirements and details:
– the payment period referred to for Businesses is April to June and Automomos ( Self employed) is between May and July 2020.
– For those businesses and self employed who do not already have a deferment payment plan in place for debts with the Social security, this can be applied for up until the 30 June 2020 and would cover the contributions without interest
– Applications can be made via the remisión electrónica de datos (RED) system
– individual applications must be made for each social security account if the business or self employed person has more than 1.
– The Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social may put other electronic means in place to make applications other than the RED system.
– Applications must be made within 10 days of the date of the contribution falling due. Those self employed who have suspended their activity and did not pay their March contribution in time can pay this late without interest.
- This postponement does not apply to businesses who have applied for temporary suspension or reduction in hours of their employees’ contracts (ERTEs) and are therefore exempt from paying employees contributions .
False or erroneous claims will be penalised.