Article 1. Extension of temporary residence and / or work authorizations and stay authorizations.
1. Temporary residence and / or work authorizations and stay authorizations for studies, student mobility, non-labor practices or volunteer services provided for in the immigration regulations, whose validity expires during the validity of the state of alarm and its successive extensions or have expired in the ninety calendar days prior to the date on which it was decreed, will be automatically extended, without the need to issue an individual resolution for each of them by the Immigration Office.
2. The automatic extension will begin the day after the expiration of the authorization and will last until six months have elapsed from the end of the alarm status.
3. This automatic extension will apply to the authorizations referred to in section 1, regardless of whether requests for renewal, extension or modification had been submitted prior to the entry into force of this order, as long as they have not been resolved. expressly. Said extension will be without effect when the resolution that falls in the initiated procedure is more favorable for the interested party.
4. The automatic extension included in this article will not apply to training stays for foreigners, regulated in article 30 of Royal Decree 183/2008, of February 8, which determines and classifies specialties in Sciences of the Health and certain aspects of the specialized health training system are developed.
5. The validity of the foreigner identity cards granted and issued by virtue of the authorizations listed in section 1 of this article and whose validity would have expired during the state of alarm, as well as in the ninety calendar days prior to the date in that was decreed, will be automatically extended for the same period as the authorizations.
6. The renewal, extension or modification of the authorization that has been extended in accordance with the provisions of this article shall be governed, in terms of procedure, requirements, effects and duration, by the provisions of applicable regulations depending on of the type of authorization that has been extended. The corresponding applications may be submitted at any time during the term of the extension or up to ninety calendar days after the end date of its validity, without prejudice to the sanction corresponding to the delay. In any case, if this last request is favorable, the beginning of the term corresponding to the new authorization will be carried over to the day following the expiration of the extended authorization.
Article 2. Extension of the family cards of a citizen of the European Union. This is automatically extended during the validity of the state of alarm and up to a period of six months from the end of this, the validity of the family cards of a citizen of the European Union whose validity would have expired during the state of alarm or in the ninety calendar days prior to the date on which it was decreed.
Article 3. Extension of foreigner’s identity cards granted based on a long-term residence. This is automatically extended during the validity of the state of alarm and up to a period of six months from the end of this, the validity of the foreigner identity cards granted based on a long-term residence whose validity would have expired during the state of alarm or in the ninety calendar days prior to the date it was decreed.
Article 4. Extension of stays of up to ninety days.
1. Those people who are in Spain in a situation of stay, for a period not exceeding ninety days, that has expired during the validity of the state of alarm, will see their stay automatically extended for a period of three months.
2. This validity will be limited to Spanish territory.
3. The extended period will be taken into account for the purposes of calculating the maximum authorized time for future stays.
Article 5. Extension of long-term visas. The validity of long-term visas issued under a Youth Mobility Agreement, as well as study stay visas of up to one hundred and eighty days whose validity expires during the period of the alarm state, will be extended for a period three months from the end of the state of alarm, provided that the owner is in Spain and has not been able to return to his country of origin.
Article 6. Entry into Spain of third-country nationals, holders of an authorization, a family card for a citizen of the European Union, or a foreigner’s identity card granted on the basis of an extended long-term residence or long-term investor visas and entrepreneurs.
1. Holders of authorizations included in Article 1, as well as holders of a family card of a citizen of the European Union or a foreigner’s identity card granted based on an extended long-term residence who are abroad may enter Spain with the presentation of their valid travel document and the expired alien identity card.
2. Holders of long-term visas issued under Law 14/2013, of September 27, supporting entrepreneurs and their internationalization, the validity of which expires while the state of alarm is in force and who are abroad will be able to enter Spain with the presentation of their valid travel document and the expired visa.
Article 7. Absences from Spanish territory. In order to consider the continuity of residence accredited, absences from Spanish territory as a consequence of the impossibility of returning to Spain because of COVID-19 will not be computed.
Article 8. Resource regime. Against this order, a contentious-administrative appeal may be filed within two months from the day following its publication before the Contentious-Administrative Chamber of the Supreme Court, in accordance with the provisions of article 12 of the Law 29/1998, of July 13, regulating the Contentious-Administrative Jurisdiction. Article 9. Effects. This order will take full effect from the day of its publication in the “Official State Gazette”. Madrid, May 18, 2020. – The Minister of Health, Salvador Illa Roca. https://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2020/05/20/pdfs/BOE-A-2020-5141.pdf