After the publication in the Official State Bulletin of the Royal Decree law-8/2020, o the 17 de march, urgent extraordinary measures to combat the economic and social impact of COVID-19, an extraordinary benefit for curtailment of of activity has been established. The duration of this is limited to one month from the 14 of March 2020, or until the last day of the month in which the State of Emergency is terminated, should this be extended for more than a month.
The benefit will be available for:
- all economic activities included in the Annex to Royal Decree law 463/2020 (https://theonestopproblemshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/ACTIVIDADES-CATA-COVID-1.pdf), of the 14 of March. To this list has been added commercial establishments excepted from the suspension of opening, to health establishments and veterinary centers or clinics and the activity of hairdressing which is limited only to home services.
- or the self employed, (autónomos), whose turnover in the month preceding (“the month preceding” is taken to mean the COMPLETE preceding month, that is to say if you apply in March the complete month of February will be compared with the 6 preceding months) is reduced by at least, 75 per cent in relation to the average of the previous 6 months turnover.
The requirements to apply for this benefit are:
a) Be currently affiliated (as at the date of the declaration of the state of emergency) to the self employed social security regimen ie: Régimen Especial de la Seguridad Social de los Trabajadores por Cuenta Propia o Autónomos or if applicable to marine workers, the Régimen Especial de la Seguridad Social de los Trabajadores del Mar.
b) In the event that your activity is not DIRECTLY suspended by the closures published in Royal Decree Law 463/2020, of 14 de March, you must accredit the reduction of your turnover by at least, 75 per cent in relation to the average of the previous 6 months turnover. (Translators note not included in original document: It will be important to present your modelo 130 or 131 to show your declared turnover for Quarter 1 2020 at the beginning of April)
c) To be up to date with your Social Security contributions. However, if as of the date of the suspension of your activity or the reduction in turnover you are not up to date with your social security contributions, the self employed person will be invited to pay the outstanding amounts within 30 days This will the make you eligible for the right to the protection.
La benefit will consist of:
70 per cent of the regulatory base, calculated in accordance with article 339 of the General law of the Seguridad Social, approved by Royal Decree 8/2015, of 30 October. If you do not have the minimum number of contributions normally required to be eligible for the benefit, the amount of the benefit will be equivalent to 70 per cent of the minimum contribution base of the Régimen Especial de la Seguridad Social de los Trabajadores por Cuenta Propia o Autónomos or the Régimen Especial de la Seguridad Social de los Trabajadores del Mar.
The duratión of the benefit will be:
One month, increasing, if applicable, up to the last day of the month in which the state of emergency comes to an end, in the event that this is extended and lasts more than a month. During the time you are receiving this you will be considered as still making contributions and this will not reduce any further rights to benefit for ceasing activity that you may have in the future.
- This claim is incompatible with any other claim or benefit being paid by the Seguridad Social.
- Withdrawal from the Special Scheme is not mandatory, since during this exceptional situation contributions are suspended.
- It is not necessary for the worker to withdraw from his activity (model 036, model 037)
- Flat-rate self-employed workers are also entitled to this extraordinary benefit.
- Self -employed company administrators are also entitled to this benefit.
PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW
o Documentation necessary to manage the provision:
- CATA COVID-19 application form.
- Sworn declaration.
- DNI / NIE photocopy.
- Model 145.
- Bank certificate of title holder. In case of not being able to provide it, any documentation that proves that the self-employed applicant for the benefit is the holder of the bank account in which the payment of the benefit is requested (photocopy of the passbook, screenshot of the banking app … .)
- If your economic activity is not included in the Annex, a signed declaration certificate will be required that accredits the economic losses in the month prior to the request.
Said benefit will be only processed electronically, a face-to-face application not being accepted, the documentation will be sent by electronic means to the mailbox of the Mutua concerned.